With Kelsey Lu, Jónsi, ANOHNI and many more.
Mykki Blanco is releasing a new album, titled Stay close to the musicvia Transgressive in October.
Read more: The art of the transgressive in 10 discs
Moving away from the trap, grunge, hip-hop and punk influences of past releases, Stay close to the music sees Mykki explore lush instrumentation.
“I wanted to see what it would be like to go back and be a musician from another era where you had to start every raw ingredient from scratch,” they explain.
Stay close to the music features contributions from Jónsi, Kelsey Lu, Devendra Banhart, Michael Stipe and more.
It follows Mykki’s 2021 mini-album, Broken hearts and restful sleep.
Pre-order Stay close to the music of [PIAS] Recordings before its release on October 14; Check out the artwork and track listing below.
List of tracks:
1. Pink Diamond Bezel
2. Steps (feat. Saul Williams and MNEK)
3. French Lessons (feat. ANOHNI and Kelsey Lu)
4. Ketamine (feat. Slug Christ)
5. Your Love Was A Gift (feat. Diana Gordon)
6. Family Ties (with Michael Stipe)
7. Your feminism is not my feminism (feat. Ah-Mer-Ah-Su)
10. Have a little trust
11. You’ll Find It (feat. Devendra Banhart)
12. Carry On (feat. Jónsi)
13. French lessons [Single Version] (with Kelsey Lu)
Photo by Irakli Gabelaia