Techland is developing a AAA open-world fantasy action RPG with former CD Projekt RED staff
Techland is developing an open-world AAA action-RPG set in a fantasy setting with former CD Projekt RED staff, the company has announced.
“We are very pleased with what we have achieved with the dying light franchise so far,” Techland CEO Pawel Marchewka said in a press release. “Furthermore, our journey with Dying Light 2 Stay Human just got started as we plan to support this game for at least five years, with its scope and size matching, if not exceeding, what we provided to our community during the post-launch support of its predecessor.
Marchewka continued, “At the same time, our ambition is to introduce brand new IP that is very different from what we have been doing in recent years. We want to create an entirely next-gen experience. A new fantasy epic set in a sprawling open world, fueled by the skills and experience we’ve gained as a team over the years, infused with new ideas, passion and creativity. While we can’t share any more details about this project right now, we’re all really invested in it and can’t wait to show it off to players when the time comes.
The Fantasy RPG team staff includes:
- Karolina Stachyra – Narrative director who previously worked with CD Projekt RED on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: The Wild Huntas well as its downloadable content.
- Arkadiusz Borowik – Narrative lead who previously worked with CD Projekt RED on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: The Wild Huntas well as its downloadable content.
In the past few months alone, the team has also been joined by:
- Bartosz Ochman – Open World Director who previously worked on Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.
- Mario Maltezos – Creative director who has already worked with companies like Ubisoft (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), Warner Bros. (madmax), and Microsoft.
- David McClure – Lead game designer previously associated with Arkane Studios (DEATH LOOP), Deep Silver and Playground Games.
- Kevin Quaid – Lead Animator with over eight years of experience at Guerrilla Games, working on titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn and its expansion, “The Frozen Wilds”.
- Marcin Surosz – Lead UI/UX designer with incredible skill in defining player needs, formerly at People Can Fly.
Techland is hiring now as it prepares to significantly expand the development team.